Coronavirus Update May 2020: West Palm Beach businesses are asking that customers comply with safety regulations such as wearing masks, following their guidelines in the store or restaurant, and social distancing. Please be respectful of business owners and other customers while you’re out!
The sun is out. The weather is warm. The air is salty. It’s time to plan the ultimate vacation this summer in West Palm Beach! Explore the best shops, museums, and restaurants around the city. Then, make time to cool off in the beautiful waters that roar up the coastline. Whether you’re in the mood for kayaking, sightseeing, or relaxing, you’ll find no shortage of exciting things to do. Read on to learn more about some of our favorite summer activities. Then, check out our complimentary Insider’s Guide if you need some more help planning your getaway!
Are you ready to plan the trip of a lifetime?
5 of the Best Things to Do in Summer in West Palm Beach
1. Make a Splash
There are so many great ways to get out on the water when you visit West Palm Beach! Maybe you’d like to dip your toes in the waves that crawl up the beach. Perhaps you’re ready to jump right into the ocean! Or, you might even like the idea of climbing aboard a boat for a tour. Here are some of our favorite water activities:
- Tap into your adventurous side with world-class scuba diving in West Palm Beach!
- Discover the natural beauty of WPB’s sparkling oceans, lakes, and intercoastal waterways via kayak!
- Spend your day in the sun, and admire the blue waters of our most beautiful beaches.
- Try out a new-to-you watersport such as jet skiing, surfboarding, or paddleboarding.
- Cool off from the Florida heat at a local water park!
- See the wildlife in its natural habitat at the Manatee Lagoon!
2. Explore Clematis Street
The Clematis Street district in downtown West Palm Beach is known for its lively arts, culture, dining, and shopping experiences! It’s considered the heart of downtown. We recommend that you take time to:
- Experience the nightlife after the sun goes down and the weather cools off
- Explore Rosemary Square’s unique shops
- Get creative at the Culture Lab to feel inspired
- Refuel at a local coffee shop with a cold brew and a pastry
- Dine at some of the best WPB restaurants that are within this district
3. Escape the Heat at a Museum or Cultural Center
Sometimes you just need a break from the sun. One of the best ways to cool off is to step into one of the city’s fascinating museums! Whether you’re interested in art, history, or world cultures you’ll find an impressive selection of exhibits and works at WPB’s most popular museums:
- The Norton Museum of Art
- Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens
- South Florida Science Center and Aquarium
- The Henry Morrison Flagler Museum
- The Society of the Four Arts
- Historical Society of Palm Beach County
4. Maintain Your Wellness Plan
Going on vacation doesn’t mean you should throw your commitments to your wellness plan out the window. There are so many fun ways to maintain your mental and physical health while you’re visiting West Palm Beach. Here are a few ideas:
- Book a massage at one of the best spas in the city
- Look for eco-friendly activities that adhere to your green lifestyle
- Cycle through WPB on the back of a bike
- Hike and explore beautiful nature trails
- Take a yoga class to keep up with your practice
- Find healthy meals at a local vegan or vegetarian restaurant
5. Breathe in the Fresh Air
While West Palm Beach is known for its city life, it also provides ample opportunity for adventure. Get outdoors! Florida is known for its natural beauty and there’s more to the coast than just shoreline. There are also exciting opportunities to observe nature at botanical gardens and zoos. You might even just want to spend some time admiring the cityscapes. Some of our favorite outdoor activities include:
- Skydiving for the thrill-seekers
- Getting lost in the Mounts Botanical Garden
- Visiting the zoo
- Exploring the J.W. Corbett Wildlife Management Area
- Admiring the beautiful flying insects at Butterfly World
- Looking for the best street art
- Dining outside at a dog-friendly restaurant
- Attending a dinner cruise
Make Your Home Away From Home at Casa Grandview
Now that you know some of the best things to do during the summer in West Palm Beach, you can start planning your next getaway. Make the most of your vacation when you choose to stay with us at Casa Grandview. Maybe you’d like to stay in our B&B suites and enjoy complimentary homemade breakfasts each morning. Perhaps you’d prefer the privacy of your own personal vacation rental. Regardless, you can rest assured that you’ll be well taken care of on our beautiful slice of WPB paradise.
Our Mezzanine Suite features luxurious linens, stylish decor, and comfortable furnishings. It’s the perfect place to rest and relax between your adventures throughout the city. Take advantage of amenities such as complimentary beach gear and bicycles for registered B&B guests, luxurious king bedding with exquisite bed linens, and more!
Are you ready to book the vacation you deserve?