Pulsing with tropical energy and year-round sunshine, West Palm Beach is a Florida destination that belongs on every traveler’s bucket list. During your stay with us at Casa Grandview, you’ll find a nearly neverending list of things to do and experience in our area. Whether you’re searching for the perfect place to dine or just want to spend some time exploring our beautiful city, a visit to Downtown West Palm Beach is in order. Here are some of the best things to do in the downtown area that you won’t want to skip.
Downtown West Palm Beach is just one of the many places you’ll want to experience during your Florida getaway. Request your free copy of our Vacation Guide right now and you’ll instantly receive a full list of our area’s top things to see and do including outdoor recreation, shopping, entertainment, beaches, and more.
5 of the Most Fun Things to Do in Downtown West Palm Beach
Foodies, unite! Downtown West Palm Beach restaurants are full of good eats and crave-worthy selections. If a full day of Florida adventures has worked up an appetite, head to the downtown area to feast on a wide variety of cuisines including farm-to-table, Italian, and Mediterranean. Here are just a few of the most popular downtown restaurants:
- Avocado Grill: This breezy hangout spot is one of the best when it comes to wining and dining in Downtown West Palm Beach. Stop by to enjoy delicious small plates made with only the freshest local ingredients.
- The Chickpea: With over the counter service and plenty of outdoor seating, this downtown restaurant is known for its tasty Mediterranean dishes with a modern twist of Middle Eastern flavors.
- City Cellar Wine Bar and Grill: Ideal for romantic date nights, the City Cellar Wine Bar features an award-winning wine collection, lobster mac n’ cheese, and enticing desserts.
The West Palm Beach Food Tour is another fantastic way to experience all the incredible flavors of our city. The journey begins in Downtown West Palm Beach and introduces tourists to a total of 13 tastings of different cuisine.
2. Shopping in CityPlace
For some travelers, a relaxing vacation isn’t complete without indulging in some retail therapy. Browsing through the unique boutique and markets of Downtown West Palm Beach is a great way to take advantage of the sunny weather, find great souvenirs, and add luxury brands to your wardrobe. CityPlace is where you’ll find some of the best stores in the downtown area. It’s also home to many popular restaurants, a movie theater, and a comedy club!
3. Downtown West Palm Beach Events
No matter what time of year you visit Downtown West Palm Beach, there is also something fun and exciting happening. These events range from family-friend festivals all the way to live concerts on the waterfront. No matter which celebration you decide to attend, it’s sure to become one of the highlights of your West Palm Beach getaway. Here are the most popular downtown events that you’ll want to add to your calendar immediately:
- Screen on the Green (Second Friday of Every Month)
- Clematis by Night (Every Thursday Night)
- Sunday by the Waterfront (Third Sunday of the Month)
- Summer in Paradise (June-July)
- 4th on Flagler (South Florida’s Largest 4th of July Celebration)
- Green Market (Every Fall)
- Holiday in Paradise (November-December)
4. Visit the Culture Lab
Formerly a Macy’s Department Store, Culture Lab has grown to become one of West Palm Beach’s top attractions. The creative space offers both visitors and locals alike with an art experience that reflects our city’s eclectic atmosphere. There’s a surprise waiting on on every floor, so come by to discover what this unique attraction has to offer.
5. Enjoy the Show at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
From Broadway productions to classical music concerts, the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts has it all! After exploring the streets of Downtown West Palm Beach, spending an evening at the theater is the perfect ending to a memorable day that you and your family will be talking about for years to come.
Book the Ultimate Florida Getaway With Casa Grandview
We love our beautiful city, and we also love seeing our guests discover their new favorite places while they are here with us! At Casa Grandview, we have three different types of rooms available, so your trip to West Palm Beach can be everything you’ve imagined it to be. Our beautiful Main Inn Suites include breakfast every morning and have all the luxuries you need.
Book your favorite room with us today and we look forward to seeing you soon!