With award-winning restaurants, fabulous shopping, and vibrant nightlife, there are so many reasons to visit Downtown West Palm Beach. Whether you’re looking to plan a romantic date, have a fun night out with friends, or attend a family-friendly event, the possibilities are endless here. Read on to learn about the best things to do in the downtown area. Then, start planning your trip!
Downtown West Palm Beach is just one of the many places you’ll want to experience during your Florida getaway. Be sure to request a free copy of our Vacation Guide to receive a full list of our area’s top things to see and do! It’s full of recommendations about the best outdoor recreation, shopping, entertainment, beaches, and more.
Top 7 Things to Do in Downtown West Palm Beach
Foodies, unite! Downtown West Palm Beach restaurants are full of good eats and crave-worthy selections. If a full day of Florida adventures has worked up an appetite, head to the downtown area to feast on a wide variety of cuisine. From farm-to-table eats to Italian and Mediterranean favorites, here are just a few of the most popular downtown restaurants:
- Avocado Grill: This breezy hangout spot is one of the best when it comes to wining and dining in Downtown West Palm Beach. Stop by to enjoy delicious small plates made with only the freshest local ingredients.
- The Chickpea: With over-the-counter service and plenty of outdoor seating, this downtown restaurant is known for its tasty Mediterranean dishes with a modern twist of Middle Eastern flavors.
- City Cellar Wine Bar and Grill: Are searching for the best restaurant for a romantic date night? Look no further than City Cellar Wine Bar! This upscale restaurant features an award-winning wine collection, lobster mac n’ cheese, and enticing desserts.
- E.R. Bradley’s Saloon: Located on the waterfront near the West Palm Beach Marina, this popular indoor/outdoor venue serves up an array of mouthwatering American cuisine. Stop by for a bite to eat, listen to live music, and enjoy a relaxing dining experience overlooking the water.
The West Palm Beach Food Tour is another fantastic way to experience all the incredible flavors of our city. The journey begins in Downtown West Palm Beach and introduces visitors to a total of 13 tastings of different cuisine. Bon appetit!
2. Shopping in Rosemary Square
For some travelers, a relaxing vacation isn’t complete without indulging in some retail therapy. Browsing through the unique boutique and markets of Downtown West Palm Beach is a great way to take advantage of the sunny weather, find great souvenirs, and add luxury brands to your wardrobe. Rosemary Square is where you’ll find some of the best stores in the downtown area. It’s also home to many popular restaurants, a movie theater, and a comedy club!
3. Downtown West Palm Beach Events
Whether you’re visiting in spring, summer, winter, or fall, there is always something happening in the Palm Beaches. Year-round events range from family-friendly festivals to live concerts on the waterfront. No matter which celebration you decide to attend, it’s sure to become one of the highlights of your West Palm Beach getaway! Here are the most popular downtown events that you’ll want to add to your calendar immediately:
- Screen on the Green (Second Friday of Every Month)
- Clematis by Night (Every Thursday Night)
- Sunday by the Waterfront (Third Sunday of the Month)
- Summer in Paradise (June-July)
- 4th on Flagler (South Florida’s Largest 4th of July Celebration)
- Green Market (October – April)
- Holiday in Paradise (November-December)
4. Visit the Culture Lab
Formerly a Macy’s Department Store, Culture Lab has grown to become one of West Palm Beach’s top attractions. The creative space offers both visitors and locals alike with an art experience that reflects our city’s eclectic atmosphere. There’s a surprise waiting on on every floor, so come by to discover what this unique attraction has to offer.
5. Enjoy a Show at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
Are you looking to catch the latest drama or laugh-out-loud comedy show? From Broadway productions to classical music concerts, the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts has it all! The state-of-the-art facility includes a variety of different theatres and event spaces including Rinker Playhouse, Dreyfoos Hall, and Persson Hall. After exploring the streets of Downtown West Palm Beach, spending an evening at the theater is the perfect ending to a memorable day that you and your family will be talking about for years to come.
6. Visit the West Palm Beach Waterfront
On any given day, you’ll find locals and visitors alike jogging, bicycling, people-watching, or simply relaxing by the beautiful West Palm Beach Waterfront. Take a leisurely stroll beside the water and watch as the mega-yachts glide by. Or, head over to the Visitor Center to rent kayaks, paddle boards, and jet skis. Visit Palm Beach also offers an array of fun activities like scenic catamaran tours, dinner cruises, snorkeling excursions, kayak tours and more. Make sure to check them out during your stay at Casa Grandview!
7. Explore Clematis Street Nightlife
When the sun goes down, the West Palm Beach nightlife scene is just heating up! Whether you’re looking to grab drinks with friends, sing your heart out to karaoke, or dance the night away, there is something for everyone. Head over to Clematis Street and have a great time exploring the many Downtown West Palm Beach bars, clubs, and pubs. After a fabulous night out on the town, come rest your head in comfortable accommodations at Casa Grandview!
Book Your Stay With Casa Grandview
When it comes to accommodations in West Palm Beach, no place can compare to Casa Grandview. Our spacious vacation rentals are a wonderful choice for families, couples, or groups of friends. Enjoy your getaway to the fullest when you book a stay in our Bahama Breeze Bungalow Vacation Rental! With room to comfortably sleep 4 guests, it features top-notch amenities, designer bath products, and comfortable furnishings throughout. Plus, it’s just steps away from the Vacation Rental heated saline pool and a 10-minute stroll to nearby restaurants and attractions like the Convention Center, Norton Museum of Art, South Dixie Corridor, Rosemary Square, Grandview Public, and more. Check our availability and book your stay today! We can’t wait to welcome you!