1. Catch Some Waves
- What's a Florida vacation without soaking up some sun? Hit the beach for a fun day full of sand and waves. Adventurous families might enjoy renting water sports equipment for kayaking or paddle boarding in the ocean. Others may prefer taking it easy. Stroll along the beach, search for seashells, and spend quality time with your family.
2. Discover the Cox Science Center and Aquarium
- If you're racking your brain for indoor things to do on a rainy day, consider a visit to the Science Center and Aquarium. You can do almost anything at this family attraction from learning all about Florida's marine life at the aquarium to playing on their mini-golf course to admiring anomalies in the night sky at the planetarium and observatory. It's an excellent opportunity to learn, explore, and enjoy each other's company.
3. Embark on a Safari Adventure
- If you're not afraid to walk on the wild side, venture to Lion Country Safari and embark on a thrilling escapade. Spot over 1,000 animals on your expedition from giant tortoises and curious wild cats to playful chimps and towering giraffes. Drive through the safari and make sure to stop for the walk-through park.
4. Make a Big Splash at WPB's Water Parks
- Dive into all the wild rides and water slides at one of West Palm Beach's water parks, including Rapids Water Park! The kids will love flying down steep slides and into the deep pools of water below. Relax and float down the lazy river or ride the waves of the wave pool!
5. Meet Sea Cows at Manatee Lagoon
- For a truly unique experience, make plans to check out the Manatee Lagoon. Learn about Florida's native sea cows. Interact with hands-on exhibits, observe the migration patterns, and watch as manatees play in their natural habitat!
6. Shop ‘Til You Drop and Enjoy Ice Cream at The Square
- The Square has an array of phenomenal restaurants, stores, and exciting entertainment that the whole family will enjoy. Stop for a scoop of ice cream at Sloan's or play arcade games at Revolutions. On occasion, you'll also encounter various free family-friendly events! It's an ideal spot to hang out when you're exploring downtown West Palm Beach.